We are seeking a full-time (40 hours/week) or part-time (20 hours/week) Bookkeeper to work in our South End, Boston, office under the supervision of the Accounting & Admin Manager. The position offers a competitive salary and good benefits.
The Bookkeeper’s responsibilities include:
• Performing monthly bank reconciliations
• Processing accounts payable invoices
• Preparing accounts receivable invoices per federal/state/city contract specifications
• Processing payroll on a biweekly basis
• Entering deposits
• Collecting and matching purchase orders and receipts
• Other bookkeeping tasks as assigned by the Accounting & Admin. Manager.
The ideal candidate:
• Is meticulous and diligent
• Has a solid understanding of accrual accounting
• Has experience using QuickBooks
• Has at least an intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
• Has strong organizational and communication skills
• Shares the mission of Project Place
• Is able to work as a team member
• Has neat and legible penmanship.
If full-time, the Bookkeeper must be able to work in the office from 9:00am to 5:00pm from Monday through Friday.
If part-time, the Bookkeeper must be able to work in the office five days a week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm.
Minimum Education Required: Two-year degree in accounting or finance
How to apply:
Please submit a resume and a cover letter speaking directly to your experience to Nhu-Y Nguyen, Accounting and Admin Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No phone calls, please.