Seeking part-time (20 hours/week) bookkeeper to work in the Project Place office with the director of finance and administrative manager. Duties include payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, data entry, and bank reconciliation as well as general bookkeeping activities. Knowledge of QuickBooks helpful but will train. Able to work as team member. Competitive salary and some flexibility with part time hours.
Vacation and sick time benefits and paid holidays
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please forward resume and cover letter speaking directly to your experience to Nhu-Y Nguyen at email@example.com.
Project Place is looking for an intern to work on development and communications projects as part of the development team. The ideal candidate is looking to gain experience at a small, community-focused non-profit organization. Must be detail-oriented and a good writer. The intern will have a chance to learn the Raiser’s Edge software as well as Meltwater and/or other email distribution services. Hours are flexible and to be determined based on the intern’s schedule and availability. Position is unpaid and would ideally start in January. Please direct all inquiries to Whitney Bailer, special events and communications coordinator at Project Place, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under the supervision of the Director of Education and Work force Development, the Instructor/Case Manager will coordinate services for individual students that will lead to classroom based training and credentialing in an effort to assist clients with securing employment. The Instructor/Case Manager will provide job readiness and credentialing instruction. They will also be responsible for assisting in the facilitation of computer literacy classes.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Recruit and screen clients for class and program fit.
- Develop curriculum in conjunction with Director to meet employment, training, and program goals. Develop lesson plans based on students’ needs and conduct classes.
- Assess skill and education level of clients through self-directed tools and various standardized tests.
- Develop and maintain resources in the community that will benefit clients.
- Complete Individual Development Plan (IDP) in conjunction with case manager and with each client; review goals and progress regularly.
- Work as a team with program managers, case managers, and employment specialist to develop a comprehensive plan for clients to attain goal of IDP.
- Work in collaboration with agencies who partner with Project Place to fulfill IDP of each client.
- Provide computer instruction that will include resume development and internet job search strategies.
- Develop relationships with the business community that will lead to jobs for Project Place clients; compile job listings and contact personnel departments to assist clients with employment leads.
- Enter client data in computer tracking system.
- Other tasks as assigned by Executive Director or designee.
- BA/BS in education or related field.
- Strong familiarity with community organizations that offer education resources and community colleges.
- Experience working with adult student population preferred.
- Ability to respond flexibly in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- Previous teaching experience a plus.
Project Place offers a competitive fringe benefit package that includes a cafeteria plan (a type of employee benefit plan).
LEVEL OF LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
Multilingual/Multicultural candidates encouraged to apply.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to Chris James, Director of Education and Workforce Development, at email@example.com. Please note that applications submitted without a cover letter and resume will not be considered.